As it’s Easter Sunday today I thought I’d do a get ready with me. I don’t celebrate Easter for religious reasons but my family come over and stuff. I just thought I’d just tell you what skincare I did prior to my makeup as I don’t think I’ve done that before, what I did with my hair and all about the makeup I wore as I really enjoy writing these kind of posts. Whether or not you’re celebrating Easter I hope you have an amazing day and I really hope you enjoy this.
The first thing I did was apply a facemask. I don’t do this all the time but today I just decided that I wanted to. I used the Anne Semonin Mineral Mask and I’ll do a post soon with my opinions on it. I then exfoliated my skin in preparation for makeup. The exfoliator I’m currently using is the St Ives Blemish Fighting Apricot Scrub which I’ve only just started using. I don’t have a full opinion on it yet but I’ll be sure to let you know when I do. I then moisturised my skin with some E45 Cream to rehydrated my skin and to create a good base for my makeup.
I couldn’t be bothered doing anything with my hair so I just straightened it with the ghd IV Styler. I would highly recommend these straighteners as they are such good quality and I’ve had them for about ten years.
I’m actually trying out a new foundation at the moment. It’s the Bourjois Air Mat Foundation in ‘Rose Ivory’ which I’ll review as soon as I feel like I’ve used it enough to do so. I love the packaging of this foundation and it’s so travel friendly which is great. I then used the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in ‘Ivory’ which you all know I really like as it is lightweight and natural. I then primed my eyes using the Urban Decay Eden Eyeshadow Primer Potion which is amazing and it keeps my eyeshadow on all day with no creasing. I then set my under eyes, eyelids and the rest of my face with my favourite powder ever, the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in ‘Transparent.’ I then did my eyebrows with the L’Oréal Brow Artist Genius Kit in ‘Light/Medium’ which is the product I’ve been using and loving for around a year now. I defined my arches with the wax and filled them in with the powder.
I then contoured my cheekbones, jawline and nose with the Benefit Hoola Bronzer which is matte and is the perfect shade for me. They have an even lighter version coming out at the end of May which I’m really excited about. I also used this to bronze up my forehead. I then used my favourite highlighter which is the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in ‘Moonstone.’ It’s the most finely milled and beautiful highlighter and it’s the most gorgeous colour too. I just did a super simple eyeshadow look using my Stila In The Moment Eyeshadow Palette. I just used the shade ‘Wonder’ all over the eyelid and then put the shade ‘Instinct’ in the inner corner. I then used my favourite mascara ever which you’ve all heard me talk about a million times. It’s the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara in ‘Black’ which is just so volumising and lifting.
Before putting my lipstick on I just put on some lip balm. The one I’m using at the moment is the Burt’s Bees Hydrating Lip Balm with Coconut & Pear. I then used my favourite drugstore lip liner which is the MUA Lip Liner in ‘Caramel Nougat’ and I used the MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in ‘Crème Cup’ which is probably my favourite lipstick of all time.
Love Sarah x
This is going to be the third and final part of my 2016 beauty favorites. I’ve already covered the categories of makeup in part 1 and then skin care and body care in part 2. In this part I’ll be talking about my favorite hair care, nail products and fragrance. I’m going to talk about each of the products quite in depth so you can see if you’d like any of the products. I really hope you enjoy this and let me know what some of your favorite products have been.
- Bleach London Silver Shampoo & Conditioner, £5 each – I always use silver shampoos and conditioners which tone blonde, platinum and grey hair and take away brassy/golden tones. I use all different silver shampoos and conditioners, I like to mix them up a bit but if I had to only use one it would be this one. It is the strongest one I have found and it gives me brighter hair which is great as my hair is quite dull. It also helps me keep my perfect ashy blonde colour which I do naturally have but I like my hair to be as ashy as possible. The shampoo lathers really well which is really important for me and the conditioner is a great thick consistency. These last me for about five months and I wash my hair about twice a week.
- L’Oréal Elivive Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo & Conditioner, £3.50 each – This shampoo and conditioner are especially for oily roots and dry end which is exactly what I have so I thought I’d give this a try. I’m not sure exactly how it works but it contains three refined clays which must somehow do something to purify the roots and hydrated the ends. It says it keeps the scalp purified for 72 hours and usually these claims are false but I actually agree with it. I’d recommend anyone with oily roots and dry end to try this as it honestly works. A 400ml bottle would probably last me about nine months but I share it with my Mum so we go through it a bit quicker.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo Original – Clean & Classic, £4.99 – Dry shampoo has been a huge part of my hair routine for years, like about seven years, and I honestly could not live without it. There are obviously so many different formulations and scents of this specific dry shampoo but I find that the original one works best for me. I find that it is a lot more powdery so it absorbs any oil and it volumises my hair so much. So even if you just want something to volumise your hair, try this. It keeps my hair clean for so long, I can go up to a week without washing my hair. I love this so much.
- Boots Bendy Rollers, £5 – If you don’t know what bendy rollers are, google it so you have a clue what I’m talking about it. I love having wavy/curly hair so much but having to use a curling iron all the time is time consuming and it obviously damages your hair a lot overtime. I put four of these into my hair (you get eight in a pack) at night which takes a few minutes and sleep with them in which can be slightly uncomfortable but it doesn’t bother me too much. In the morning I take them out and my hair is nicer than it would be if I had used a curling iron. I have very soft hair so curls usually drop out but if I just use a bit of hairspray they last all day. These are amazing as it takes so much less time and they are completely heatless.
- Nails Inc Multivitamin Nail Polish in ‘Queensbury,’ £14.50 – I bought this nail polish as it is the most gorgeous colour. It’s a pale pink colour but it’s not too pink (if that makes any sense – it doesn’t, sorry!) and it’s just my perfect colour. Nails Inc nail polishes are the best quality for the price and they are probably one of my favorite nail brands ever. The nail polish just applies so well and so smoothly and even for this paler colour you only need two coats or three if you want it to be really opaque. Even if this isn’t the shade for you they have so many different shades which you might like. If you want to see my top 5 neutral nail varnishes click here.
- Nails Inc The Optic Collection in ‘Optic Wave,’ £14.50 – This was a limited edition colour which I don’t believe you can get anymore so I’m sorry but I love it so much so I just had to include it. They will also have many similar shades in their permanent line. Anyway, this is a mint green shade and mint green is one of my favorite colours. The formula is amazing as all Nails Inc formulas are and it is my go to shade especially in the Spring/Summer.
- Ciate Paint Pots in ‘Golden Sands,’ £12 – I love Ciate nail polishes so much and they are amazing quality and just apply so well. This colour is very natural and I would describe it as a pale/medium nude brown. It is one of those colours which is just perfect for any occasion as it is so neutral and it isn’t too much. It could also be worn in any season so when it’s inbetween seasons and I’m nt sure what colour to wear I’ll just wear this. It would also suit almost anyone, it’s perfect.
- Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in ‘Grapefruit,’ £3.99 – This is a bit of a price difference from the other two but for the price it is honestly amazing. I’d actually say that I like this formula of nail varnish as much as the others, maybe it’s slightly less long lasting but that’s not really an issue. As the name would suggest, it is a shiny formula which looks really nice on the nails. The colour is a bright pink that isn’t too blue toned which I love. It is the perfect Summer colour which I live in for the whole season. If you want to see my top 5 pink nail varnishes click here.
- Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in ‘Blueberry,’ £3.99 – I think the fact that I’m mentioning another of these shows how much I really do love this formula of nail polish. This is one of my favorite nail varnish shades of all time. It is a medium blue colour and it is the prettiest shade ever especially for Spring/Summer as it is kind of a pastel colour but a but a bit darker. Whenever I wear this I get so many compliments and everyone asks me what it is. I just love this and it’s such a unique shade.
- Chanel No5 Eau De Toilette Purse Spray, £75.50 – My Gran very kindly got me this at the started of this year. No5 is a very grown up scent but it’s such a lovely scent and I think it could be worn by almost anyone of any age. It is also a purse spray so it comes with that and two extra refills (they are 20ml each) so it is perfect for travelling with and for just throwing in my handbag without worrying about it breaking. I just love this scent so much and I use it very sparingly as it is so expensive.
- Vera Wang Lovestruck Eau De Parfum, £50 – I got this last Christmas from my parents and I love this scent so much. It says it contains pink guava, mandarin, tuberose and lotus blossom but to me it’s surprisingly not as floral as that makes it sound. I really like this scent and I’d say it’s perfect for teenagers and young adults as it is quite grown up but still really girly. It’s something I’ll have to put on my birthday list as it’s almost finished.
Love Sarah x
Yesterday it was Christmas Day – I had the best Christmas and I really hope all of you did too. I thought today I would do a Christmas Day GRWM including hair, makeup, outfit. I hope you enjoy this and let me know what your favorite part of Christmas Day was.
After a quick shower I used some Soap & Glory Righteous Body Butter to maintain my Dove Derma Spa Summer Revived Light/Medium Tan. I then moved on to my morning skincare routine which is very basic. I like to wash and exfoliate my skin with my Garnier Pure Active Anti-Blackhea Deep Pore Wash to make sure my makeup applies well. I then moisturise my skin using my E45 Cream but I’m looking for a new moisturiser so leave your recommendations please.
Now moving on to hair. From the night before I had put in my Boots Bendy Rollers. For my hair, I only used 4 which left me with the perfect curls. If you curl your hair alot like me, then these are perfect as they don’t damage your hair. After brushing them through I made sure that I sprayed my hair with some L’Oreal Elvive Satin Normal Strength Hairspray to ensure that they lasted all day as my hair is quite sleek and curls tend to drop out quickly.
I then did my makeup. I feel like I’m constantly going over my foundation routine so if you’re interested, click HERE to see it. After all of that, I did my eyebrows using the L’Oreal Brow Artist Genius Kit in ‘Light/Medium’ using the wax to define the arch and powder to fill them in (to see my full eyebrow routine, click HERE). I then contoured using the Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit in ‘Medium’ and bronzed my face with the L’Oreal Glam Bronze Bronzing Powder in ‘Caribbean Sun.’ I then added some highlighter using the MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter in ‘Pink Shimmer’ (please let me know of any good highlighters – I’m stuck on what one to get!).
I primed my eyes with the Urban Decay Original Eyeshadow Primer Potion and the shade ‘Nooner’ from the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. I used my contour shade in the crease and then applied the shade ‘Liar’ from the same palette on the eyelid. I used the shade ‘Factory’ under the eye and smudged the shade ‘Blackheart’ along the upper lash line. I added some of the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara in ‘Black’ to my eyelashes – it’s my favorite mascara.
I prepped my lips for lipstick with the Burt’s Bees Original Lip Balm and then lined them with the Model Co Illusion Lip Liner. For lipstick, I decided to go with a mauve/nude shade with a hint of pink so I used MAC Satin Lipstick in ‘Viva Glam II.’
I wore my Moss Copenhagen Silver Sparkle Skirt which is perfect for the festive season. With that I wore my H&M Black Crop Top which is really plain and simple so it was perfect to pair with the skirt. I had on a pair of black tights as it’s freezing which were either from Primark or Calvin Klein. I just wore my Topshop Keeper Leather Chelsea Boots which are just really easy to wear with anything. The perfume I used was Chanel No5.
Love Sarah x
If you are a blonde too you will know the struggle of keeping your tone right. Even as a natural blonde my hair still needs help to keep its ashy blonde tone and after testing all sorts of products, here are my favorites. I also just wanted to say thankyou so much for 300 followers!
Bleach London Silver Shampoo (250ml), £5.00
I have been using this shampoo for a while now and I really love it. It washes my hair really well and has a good lather which is important. It is for blondes that want a whiter, brighter colour and I normally use this shampoo every other wash as suggested. It helps maintain my ashy blonde tone and it contains wheat proteins and vitamin B5 to moisturise your hair.
Bleach London Silver Conditioner (250ml), £5.00
I bought this along with the shampoo and it does a great job of preserving my ashy blonde tone. It is the violet pigments that do this and it nourishes my hair leaving it feeling super soft too. I just leave it in for 2 minutes, brush my hair and rinse it out.
L’Oreal Paris Elvive Fibrology Air Shampoo (400ml), £3.99
On days where I’m not using my blonde shampoo, I use this to volumise my hair. L’Oreal do the best volumising hair products and I love this newest one. It lifts your hair at the roots and makes your hair visibly thicker.
Schwarzkpof Got2b Oil-licious Tame & Shine Styling Oil (50ml), £4.19
I personally use this in wet hair when I get out of the shower and it leaves my hair feeling so soft. It improves the shininess of my hair and it also contains argon oil which is really good for your hair. I tend to find that blonde hair is less shiney (in some cases, not all) so this is a great product to use.
Love Sarah x
Today I’m sharing with you my Summer essentials which I can’t live without over the Summer months. I got the idea of doing this from Glamour magazine which I love and read every month. I hope you enjoy this!
The Hair Essential – I love using Schwarzkopf Got2b Oil-Licious Tame & Shine Styling Oil, £4.19. It leaves your hair so shiny, goreous and alot smoother. I use 5-7 pumps in damp hair.
The Hand Cream – A hand cream that I love is No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Day Hand Cream SPF 15, £10.50 because it has SPF which is essential in the Summer. It is also really hydrating on the hands.
The Sunblock – The sunblock which I have been using for years, that I can highly rely on is Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Protective Sun Lotion SPF 30, £8.50. It is so creamy, it smells amazing and it protects my skin so well!
The Bronzer – Probably my favorite bronzer of all time, L’Oreal Glam Bronze Powder SPF 10 in ‘Caribbean Sun,’ £10.29. It is the perfect shade for me and it gives me a gorgous Summer bronzed look.
The Moisturiser – I’ve been using this product for years and I love it. It’s Simple Kind To Skin+ Protecting Moisture Cream SPF 30, £6.99. It protects my skin from the sun and it’s non-greasy.
The Tan – I have been loving St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse in ‘Medium,’ £4. It gives streak free and long lasting results.
Love Sarah x