So, I just got back from the Canary Island of Tenerife. I’ll be telling you all about it in a week or two but today I want to share my hand luggage essentials. I did one of these posts last July and I just read it back and I don’t like it at all hence why I haven’t linked it for you to see; therefore I felt the need to do another one. In the posts title it says ‘travel outfit’ and I didn’t even refer to it in the post so thanks to the 12 bloggers who actually liked it! I won’t be mentioning my passport etc. because my Dad deals with all of that. Also I’m doing this in a list form so it’ll be more helpful for people using it to pack their hand luggage. I really hope you enjoy this post and let me know what your hand luggage essentials are.
- Glasses – I can’t see long distance without my glasses so these are an essential for me. Getting lost in an airport and not being able to see is my worst nightmare so I have to make sure I have these with me at all times.
- Sunglasses – My eyes are so sensitive to light and if the sun is quite bright then I’ll just start crying (it happens quite a lot!). Having sunglasses to put on once I arrive is really important as is having them for on the plane as both of my flights were during the day. My sunglasses of choice were New Look Black Metal Double Bar Sunglasses.
- Ibuprofen – If you are on a plane and you have a headache or something, you want to be able to do something about it, so having ibuprofen or your preferred pain medication with you is essential.
- A healthy snack – You can obviously buy snacks on the plane but I prefer to go into Boots or Superdrug before I board the plane to buy some healthy snacks. I like to buy a sandwich, a fruit pot and a couple of Nakd Bars. On the plane I do buy those crisps in the little box – they are the only crisps in the whole world that I like.
- A magazine – One of my favourite things to do on the plane is to read a magazine so I always make sure I have one with me. One of my favourite magazines is Glamour.
- A book – I sometimes like to read a book on the plane and the one I took was Make Up by Michelle Phan because I read it a few years ago and I really loved it (I would highly recommend it to all of you!).
- Chewing gum – I don’t normally chew chewing gum but on a flight it’s very important. It makes my ears not hurt as much and it is also great if you want to freshen your breath as I don’t personally want to clean my teeth in a toilet on a plane.
- Water – It is so important to keep yourself hydrated on flights so having a large bottle of water is just an essential. I’d recommend water over anything else as it will hydrate your skin which will get definitely get dried out.
- Deodorant – It’s important to have this to freshen up a bit and the one I took was the Mitchum Mini Deodorant.
- Moisturiser – On flights my skin gets dried out quite badly and a lot of other peoples skin does too. I always like to have my moisturiser on hand and the one I have is the E45 Cream which is great as it’s measured in grams so I could bring an extra liquid product with me.
- Lip balm – I have a lip balm on hand at all times because I can’t stand having dry lips. I can’t imagine having to sit through a flight with dry lips. Burt’s Bees lip balms are the best and the one I’m currently using is the Burt’s Bees Hydrating Lip Balm with Coconut & Pear.
- Underwear – In case your luggage in the hold goes missing or arrives at your destination after you, it’s good to have a spare pair of underwear.
- Socks – I like to take my shoes of on the plane or I can’t get comfy so I like to bring a pair of socks that I can put on for the flight and then put in the bin straight after because the floor of a plane is not clean.
- Earphones – It’s good to have some earphones in case you want to listen to music or watch something. I just have the Apple EarPods.
- Jumper – It can get so cold on the plane so I always like to have a jumper with me to put on whenever. I took a one from Hollister which I can’t find the link to.
- Scarf – For the same reason as having a jumper, I like to take a large scarf. They look fashionable and they can double as a blanket.
- Micellar Water – On a flight my skin can feel really dirty so I like to be able to remove it with some Garnier Micellar Water.
- Cuticle Cream – I always like to have some cuticle cream for my nails and even though it’s a bit unnecessary, I thought I’d include it as I took it with me. My favourite one is the Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream.
Love Sarah x