As it’s Easter Sunday today I thought I’d do a get ready with me. I don’t celebrate Easter for religious reasons but my family come over and stuff. I just thought I’d just tell you what skincare I did prior to my makeup as I don’t think I’ve done that before, what I did with my hair and all about the makeup I wore as I really enjoy writing these kind of posts. Whether or not you’re celebrating Easter I hope you have an amazing day and I really hope you enjoy this.
The first thing I did was apply a facemask. I don’t do this all the time but today I just decided that I wanted to. I used the Anne Semonin Mineral Mask and I’ll do a post soon with my opinions on it. I then exfoliated my skin in preparation for makeup. The exfoliator I’m currently using is the St Ives Blemish Fighting Apricot Scrub which I’ve only just started using. I don’t have a full opinion on it yet but I’ll be sure to let you know when I do. I then moisturised my skin with some E45 Cream to rehydrated my skin and to create a good base for my makeup.
I couldn’t be bothered doing anything with my hair so I just straightened it with the ghd IV Styler. I would highly recommend these straighteners as they are such good quality and I’ve had them for about ten years.
I’m actually trying out a new foundation at the moment. It’s the Bourjois Air Mat Foundation in ‘Rose Ivory’ which I’ll review as soon as I feel like I’ve used it enough to do so. I love the packaging of this foundation and it’s so travel friendly which is great. I then used the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in ‘Ivory’ which you all know I really like as it is lightweight and natural. I then primed my eyes using the Urban Decay Eden Eyeshadow Primer Potion which is amazing and it keeps my eyeshadow on all day with no creasing. I then set my under eyes, eyelids and the rest of my face with my favourite powder ever, the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in ‘Transparent.’ I then did my eyebrows with the L’Oréal Brow Artist Genius Kit in ‘Light/Medium’ which is the product I’ve been using and loving for around a year now. I defined my arches with the wax and filled them in with the powder.
I then contoured my cheekbones, jawline and nose with the Benefit Hoola Bronzer which is matte and is the perfect shade for me. They have an even lighter version coming out at the end of May which I’m really excited about. I also used this to bronze up my forehead. I then used my favourite highlighter which is the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in ‘Moonstone.’ It’s the most finely milled and beautiful highlighter and it’s the most gorgeous colour too. I just did a super simple eyeshadow look using my Stila In The Moment Eyeshadow Palette. I just used the shade ‘Wonder’ all over the eyelid and then put the shade ‘Instinct’ in the inner corner. I then used my favourite mascara ever which you’ve all heard me talk about a million times. It’s the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara in ‘Black’ which is just so volumising and lifting.
Before putting my lipstick on I just put on some lip balm. The one I’m using at the moment is the Burt’s Bees Hydrating Lip Balm with Coconut & Pear. I then used my favourite drugstore lip liner which is the MUA Lip Liner in ‘Caramel Nougat’ and I used the MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in ‘Crème Cup’ which is probably my favourite lipstick of all time.
Love Sarah x
As you’re reading this, I’m on holiday (I’ll share where I am in the next post when I’m home – just in case!) and this is the first of the five travel posts you’ll be seeing from me over the next few weeks. I thought for the first one I’d share with you what’s in my travel wash bag, probably something you don’t see too often. I just find this kind of thing really helpful for when I’m travelling to make sure I’m packing all of the right things and also just because I like to see what other people like to use and travel with. I’m not going to include every single thing in my wash bag because we all know I’ll be taking a toothbrush and I’m sure you don’t want to know what toothbrush I have! I really hope you enjoy this and let me know if you’re going anywhere soon.
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Anti-Shine Dry Touch SPF50+, £16.50 – It is extremely important to protect your skin from the sun and it’s also extremely important to have a different SPF particularly for your face. I actually did a post last Summer talking about the importance of sun protection. I am quite pale and burn quite easily so using a high SPF is very important for me.
- Soltan Kids Hypoallergenic Suncare Lotion SPF50+, £9 – For the rest of my body I also got an SPF 50. I have a kids one just because it’s harder to find very high SPFs that aren’t for kids. It’s also hypoallergenic and very water resistant which is helpful.
- Dove Derma Spa Summer Revived Fair to Medium Skin Body Lotion, £7.79 – I am definitely not going to get a tan as I’m using such high SPFs so I’m taking a gradual fake tan. I really like this tan a lot as it gives such a pretty, natural and sun kissed glow.
- Mitchum Advanced Women Powder Fresh Deodorant, £2.99 – I needed to take a deodorant with me and this was just the first one I saw.
- Chanel No5 Eau De Toilette Handbag Size, £75.50 – This is one of my favourite perfumes ever and it is a 20ml bottle in the handbag/travel friendly black plastic packaging.
- Yes To Cucumbers 30 Soothing Hypoallergenic Facial Wipes, £3.99 – I needed to bring some face wipes with me and to me, a face wipe is a face wipe, they’re all the same. These were just the first ones I saw.
- St. Ives Blemish Fighting Apricot Scrub, £4.19 – This is the face scrub I’ve brought with me. I’m currently just trying it out and I’m quite happy with it so far. It contains salicylic acid which I personally find really benefits my skin. I’ll give you my full opinions soon.
- Foreo Luna Mini Skincare Device, £85 – This is the skincare device that I use. I love it and I could not last a day without it therefore it just had to come with me. It deeply cleanses my skin yet it’s so gentle.
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water Mini, £1.99 – This is my favourite micellar water and I always travel with the mini version. It just gets all of the makeup off of my face so quickly and it’s so travel friendly.
- Aloe Pura Aloe Vera Gel, £5.99 – This is the product which has just totally changed my skin (see how in my review!) so I had to bring it on holiday with me. It is also supposed to be amazing for sunburn so if by chance I do get sunburnt, then this should help.
- E45 Cream, £2.35 – This is what I use as my night time moisturiser so I obviously had to bring it with me.
- Burt’s Bees Hydrating Lip Balm with Coconut & Pear, £3.69 – Burt’s Bees do my favourite lip balms ever. This is the one that I’m currently using and I always need to have a lip balm with me.
- Piz Buin in Sun Lipstick SPF30, £5 – I also need a lip balm for wearing during the day with an SPF in it and this was the highest one I could find. A lot of SPF lip balms feel horrible on the lips but this is really nice.
- L’Oréal Elvive Fibrology Air Shampoo, £2.89 – This is one of my favourite shampoos and it makes sense to share a shampoo with my Mum and we both really like this one.
- L’Oréal Elvive Fibrology Air Conditioner, £2.89 – Again, this is a really nice conditioner which I really like. As the word ‘air’ would suggest, it’s really lightweight which is great.
- Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, £5.99 – My nails are awful at the minute to the point where I can’t even paint them so I’m using this to try and help them as it has all natural ingredients.
Love Sarah x