As you’re reading this, I’m on holiday (I’ll share where I am in the next post when I’m home – just in case!) and this is the first of the five travel posts you’ll be seeing from me over the next few weeks. I thought for the first one I’d share with you what’s in my travel wash bag, probably something you don’t see too often. I just find this kind of thing really helpful for when I’m travelling to make sure I’m packing all of the right things and also just because I like to see what other people like to use and travel with. I’m not going to include every single thing in my wash bag because we all know I’ll be taking a toothbrush and I’m sure you don’t want to know what toothbrush I have! I really hope you enjoy this and let me know if you’re going anywhere soon.
- La Roche-Posay Anthelios Anti-Shine Dry Touch SPF50+, £16.50 – It is extremely important to protect your skin from the sun and it’s also extremely important to have a different SPF particularly for your face. I actually did a post last Summer talking about the importance of sun protection. I am quite pale and burn quite easily so using a high SPF is very important for me.
- Soltan Kids Hypoallergenic Suncare Lotion SPF50+, £9 – For the rest of my body I also got an SPF 50. I have a kids one just because it’s harder to find very high SPFs that aren’t for kids. It’s also hypoallergenic and very water resistant which is helpful.
- Dove Derma Spa Summer Revived Fair to Medium Skin Body Lotion, £7.79 – I am definitely not going to get a tan as I’m using such high SPFs so I’m taking a gradual fake tan. I really like this tan a lot as it gives such a pretty, natural and sun kissed glow.
- Mitchum Advanced Women Powder Fresh Deodorant, £2.99 – I needed to take a deodorant with me and this was just the first one I saw.
- Chanel No5 Eau De Toilette Handbag Size, £75.50 – This is one of my favourite perfumes ever and it is a 20ml bottle in the handbag/travel friendly black plastic packaging.
- Yes To Cucumbers 30 Soothing Hypoallergenic Facial Wipes, £3.99 – I needed to bring some face wipes with me and to me, a face wipe is a face wipe, they’re all the same. These were just the first ones I saw.
- St. Ives Blemish Fighting Apricot Scrub, £4.19 – This is the face scrub I’ve brought with me. I’m currently just trying it out and I’m quite happy with it so far. It contains salicylic acid which I personally find really benefits my skin. I’ll give you my full opinions soon.
- Foreo Luna Mini Skincare Device, £85 – This is the skincare device that I use. I love it and I could not last a day without it therefore it just had to come with me. It deeply cleanses my skin yet it’s so gentle.
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water Mini, £1.99 – This is my favourite micellar water and I always travel with the mini version. It just gets all of the makeup off of my face so quickly and it’s so travel friendly.
- Aloe Pura Aloe Vera Gel, £5.99 – This is the product which has just totally changed my skin (see how in my review!) so I had to bring it on holiday with me. It is also supposed to be amazing for sunburn so if by chance I do get sunburnt, then this should help.
- E45 Cream, £2.35 – This is what I use as my night time moisturiser so I obviously had to bring it with me.
- Burt’s Bees Hydrating Lip Balm with Coconut & Pear, £3.69 – Burt’s Bees do my favourite lip balms ever. This is the one that I’m currently using and I always need to have a lip balm with me.
- Piz Buin in Sun Lipstick SPF30, £5 – I also need a lip balm for wearing during the day with an SPF in it and this was the highest one I could find. A lot of SPF lip balms feel horrible on the lips but this is really nice.
- L’Oréal Elvive Fibrology Air Shampoo, £2.89 – This is one of my favourite shampoos and it makes sense to share a shampoo with my Mum and we both really like this one.
- L’Oréal Elvive Fibrology Air Conditioner, £2.89 – Again, this is a really nice conditioner which I really like. As the word ‘air’ would suggest, it’s really lightweight which is great.
- Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream, £5.99 – My nails are awful at the minute to the point where I can’t even paint them so I’m using this to try and help them as it has all natural ingredients.
Love Sarah x
I’m going to be doing the second part of my 2016 beauty favorites. As I mentioned in the last one of these I have split them up into the categories makeup, skin care, body care, hair care, nails and fragrance. In the previous one I shared my makeup favorites, in this one I’ll be doing my skin care and body care favorites and I’ll be sharing my favorites from the rest of the categories in the third part in a couple of days. Let me know what some of your beauty favorites have been from 2016 and I really hope you enjoy this.
- Garnier Skin Active Pure Anti-Blackhead Deep Pore Wash, £3.79 – This was one of the products which I discovered just by chance. I was just looking for an exfoliating face wash containing salicylic acid and this was the first one I came across. It is a blue liquid with tiny blue exfoliating beads in it which do an amazing job of exfoliating my skin – they’re not too harsh but they definitely do enough. The fact that it contains salicylic acid means it’s great for acne prone skin and even though my skin isn’t too bad I think it has made a difference in how fast my sports go away and how bad they look. It is also great for oily/combination skin as it does remove any excess oil from the skin however it doesn’t strip the skin leaving it dehydrated. I use this product daily and I would definitely recommend it to those with acne prone and/or oily/combination skin but it would even work well with normal skin especially in the Summer.
- Aloe Pura Organic Aloe Vera Gel with Tea Tree, £5.99 – I only discovered this product recently when I heard Kathleen Lights mention how much she loved using aloe vera on her skin, but I feel I can already confidently say that this product is amazing. You must use an aloe vera plant if you have or can get one but if not (like me) use pure aloe vera gel from somewhere like Holland & Barret that sell natural products. I won’t go into how aloe vera benefits imperfection prone skin but you can read about it if you want. At first when I started using it my skin got worse as it goes right down to the bottom layers of your skin and brings everything out. Even though it doesn’t prevent blemishes, it brings them out quickly and gets rid of them fast and it is also meant to get rid of acne scarring in the long term. I’d recommend this to anyone although it does dry out my skin so much so make sure you have a good moisturiser at hand.
- Foreo LUNA Mini Skincare Device, £85 – I have been using this since last Christmas so that’s over a year now and I can confidently say that this has improved my skin so much. Essenitally it is a “facial-cleansing device that directs T-Sonic™ pulsations through an ultra-hygienic silicone brush.” I think one of the main reasons that I like it so much is the fact that it is so hygienic as it is all silicone and also it’s completely waterproof. It cleanses really deeply so it gets all of the impurities out but it is so gentle. It has decreased the amount of blackheads that I get and has improved my skins texture too. I would deffinelty recommend this to anyone who needs a cleansing device/brush but especially to people who suffer with textural issues or a lot of blackheads.
- E45 Dermatological Emollient Wash Cream, £4.35 – I have been using this for around six months now ever since I heard that it was a good product for removing makeup. It is really good at removing eye makeup (even waterproof) and I only need about half a pump for that and then for the rest of my makeup I use one pump diluted a very small amount with water. It literally just melts off my makeup and then I just continue on with the rest of my skincare routine. It is very hydrating and moisturising on the skin and it would work well for all skin types especially dryer skin.
- Vaseline Lip Therapy Original, £1.95 – This is one of my all time favorite lip care products ever (if you want to see the full list click here). It has a fairly thin consistency and is just a little bit thicker than a lip oil. I find that it is a really hydrating and repairing lip balm especially when I have drier lips in Winter. The original one is my personal favorite as it is completely scentless and colourless. Even though the consistency is quite thin you can build it up to be really thick and it acts well as a barrier if you feel like you are going to get a cold sore and I have found I then don’t get them. I always have one of these on hand and I recommend these highly.
- Dove Derma Spa Summer Revived Fair to Medium Skin Body Lotion, £6.99 – I decided to give this a try during Summer as I don’t tan at all and also because Anna Saccone uses it and her tan looks so natural. The fact that it is so easy to apply is amazing and it literally takes less than 5 minutes to do my whole body. It doesn’t have that fake tan smell at first, it actually has a scent which I really like but I find that after a good few hours it starts to slightly smell of fake tan but not as badly as most fake tans do. It gives such a lovely and natural sun kissed glow to the skin – when I’m wearing this nobody has asked if I’m wearing fake tan, I’ve only been asked why I have tan and people are shocked to learn it’s fake. This is definitely my favorite fake tan of all time.
- Soap & Glory Clean On Me Creamy Clarifying Shower Gel, £6.50 – Is it a bit weird to have a favorite shower gel? Anyway, I just love this shower gel and I use it all the time. The scent is really nice, some people might not like it as it is quite fragranced; it contains natural mandarin peel extract and they describe it as their “Original Pink fragrance.” It leaves my skin feeling really soft and smooth and I also love the fact that the bottle is so big so it lasts such a long time.
- Lush Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner, £16.50/225 g – I never really knew that a body conditioner was a thing up until quite recently and I certainly didn’t think it was something that I would need. Well, now after having used it I have to say I don’t think I’ll be able to go back to not using one. Basically, you use it as you would a hair conditioner, but on your body. It contains lots of oils and butters to leave your skin feeling soft and smooth. It contains argan oil which is deeply nourishing and is rich in vitamin e so it has anti-aging properties in it. It also has a very delicate rose scent and it’s a vegan product.
- Lush Serendipity Soap, £3.50/100g – I never thought I’d be including a soap in any blog post I ever wrote but I truly do love this soap enough to talk about it. If you don’t like lavender you will not like this but I really love it. It’s main ingredients are chamomile blue oil, lavender absolute and French lavender oil. The soap also looks really pretty and looks so nice in my bathroom. This is a vegan product and Lush soaps always last me such a long time.
- Lush Intergalactic Bath Bomb, £4.25 – I thought I’d finish off this blog post by mentioning one of my favorite Lush products from this year. Intergalactic bath bomb was a new release this year and once it became available outwith the Oxford Street store I had to try it. As the bath bomb is fizzing away it has such pretty colours and contains popping candy but once it’s completely dissolved it leaves the water a very deep blue colour and has very small glitters throughout the water; it also has a mint scent which I love so much. It’s main ingredients are peppermint oil, grapefruit oil, vetivert oil and cedarwood oil. It is a vegan product which is great.
Love Sarah x
Yesterday it was Christmas Day – I had the best Christmas and I really hope all of you did too. I thought today I would do a Christmas Day GRWM including hair, makeup, outfit. I hope you enjoy this and let me know what your favorite part of Christmas Day was.
After a quick shower I used some Soap & Glory Righteous Body Butter to maintain my Dove Derma Spa Summer Revived Light/Medium Tan. I then moved on to my morning skincare routine which is very basic. I like to wash and exfoliate my skin with my Garnier Pure Active Anti-Blackhea Deep Pore Wash to make sure my makeup applies well. I then moisturise my skin using my E45 Cream but I’m looking for a new moisturiser so leave your recommendations please.
Now moving on to hair. From the night before I had put in my Boots Bendy Rollers. For my hair, I only used 4 which left me with the perfect curls. If you curl your hair alot like me, then these are perfect as they don’t damage your hair. After brushing them through I made sure that I sprayed my hair with some L’Oreal Elvive Satin Normal Strength Hairspray to ensure that they lasted all day as my hair is quite sleek and curls tend to drop out quickly.
I then did my makeup. I feel like I’m constantly going over my foundation routine so if you’re interested, click HERE to see it. After all of that, I did my eyebrows using the L’Oreal Brow Artist Genius Kit in ‘Light/Medium’ using the wax to define the arch and powder to fill them in (to see my full eyebrow routine, click HERE). I then contoured using the Seventeen Define & Conquer Contour Kit in ‘Medium’ and bronzed my face with the L’Oreal Glam Bronze Bronzing Powder in ‘Caribbean Sun.’ I then added some highlighter using the MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter in ‘Pink Shimmer’ (please let me know of any good highlighters – I’m stuck on what one to get!).
I primed my eyes with the Urban Decay Original Eyeshadow Primer Potion and the shade ‘Nooner’ from the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. I used my contour shade in the crease and then applied the shade ‘Liar’ from the same palette on the eyelid. I used the shade ‘Factory’ under the eye and smudged the shade ‘Blackheart’ along the upper lash line. I added some of the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara in ‘Black’ to my eyelashes – it’s my favorite mascara.
I prepped my lips for lipstick with the Burt’s Bees Original Lip Balm and then lined them with the Model Co Illusion Lip Liner. For lipstick, I decided to go with a mauve/nude shade with a hint of pink so I used MAC Satin Lipstick in ‘Viva Glam II.’
I wore my Moss Copenhagen Silver Sparkle Skirt which is perfect for the festive season. With that I wore my H&M Black Crop Top which is really plain and simple so it was perfect to pair with the skirt. I had on a pair of black tights as it’s freezing which were either from Primark or Calvin Klein. I just wore my Topshop Keeper Leather Chelsea Boots which are just really easy to wear with anything. The perfume I used was Chanel No5.
Love Sarah x
I thought it would be a good idea to tell you how I fake tan and what products I use. I don’t fake tan that often but when I do I want good results that will last but that are easy to achieve. Let me know what you use to fake tan and enjoy!
If I want a natural fake tan that isn’t too intense just for everyday wear I tend to use Dove Derma Spa Summer Revived Body Lotion fair to medium skin (£6.99 for 200ml). This product combines natural, gentel tanners with Cell-Moisturisers. I just apply this when I get out of the shower onto dry skin and within hours I have a healthy looking bronzed glow. You don’t have to wash this off and I re apply every few days or whenever necessary.
If I want a more intense tanned look for an event or special occassion I use St Moriz Instant Tanning Mousse in Medium (£4 for 200ml). Before I apply this I shave my legs, exfoliate any dry areas and moisturise my whole body. I apply this with my Soltan Tanning Mit all over my body and I never miss a spot because of it’s guide colour. I leave it on for 4-6 hours or overnight and then wash it off for an amazing professional looking sunkissed tan. This usually lasts around a week on me and then I have to re-do it.
Love Sarah x
It’s finally time for the 5th beauty roundup of the month and I’m so excited as I love writing these! Basically, I’ll be showing you everything beauty related that I’ve loved over the past month. Let me know a couple of your recent favorite things, beauty related or not.
Like many people, I’ve been loving matte lips. They are a huge trend which I personally love alot. This is pretty much down to my love for the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams in ‘Tokyo’ & ‘Abu Dhabi.’ Tokyo is a bubblegum pink and Abu Dhabi is a deep rose beige – both beautiful. The formula of these is lovley; they’re so comfortable on the lips and last a long time.
During the Summer especially, everyone has amazing tans. I don’t tan in the sun so any natural fake tan is perfect. I’ve been loving Dove Derma Spa Summer Revived Fair to Medium Skin Body Lotion as it is so natural and easy to use. It gives amazing results and lasts well.
I have been loving doing a not so natural inner corner highlight. For this, I find that Stila Eyeshadow in ‘Instinct’ is perfect for that. It is a super shimmery white which I love. And I’ve also been loving a not so natural brow bone highlight and for that I’ve been using Urban Decay Eyeshadow in ‘Strange’ which is a matte white.
And I’ve kind of been loving blusher – I never thought I’d say that! Blusher usually really doesn’t suit me but I’ve been using Collection Blush in ‘Bashful’ which is a really natural rose pink.
Love Sarah x
Over the past couple of weeks I have bought what would be considered a bit too much makeup and other beauty products. I thought I would also share my first impressions of these products and I hope you enjoy!
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in ‘Abu Dhabi,’ £5.50 – I had been wanting this colour for ages but it was always out of stock in my local Boots. It is a beautiful nude colour and I love the formula of these.
Dove Derma Spa Summer Revived Fair to Medium Skin Body Lotion,£6.99 – I decided to buy this because I wanted to look tanned but not too over the top. It is perfect if you want a Summer glow and it lasts well.
Garnier Skin Naturals Pure Anti-Blackhead Deep Pore Wash £3.79 – I actually haven’t gotten alot of use out of this yet but I will let you know my thoughts on it!
E45 Dermatological Emollient Wash Cream £4.35 – I decided to buy this when Saffron Barker mentioned that she used it. It is amazing for taking makeup off and I’ll let you know my further thoughts.
BareMinerals Stroke Of Light Eye Brightner in ‘Luminous 2’ £22 – I haven’t used this too much yet but it’s the perfect shade for me and it is really brightening but doesn’t offer much coverage.
Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Flawless Wear Concealer SPF10 in ‘Light Medium’ £22.50 – Immedietly when putting this on my face I realised that it was way too dark for me. For this reason I can’t give much more information but I’d love to get a lighter shade.
Soap & Glory Brow Archery 2-in-1 Brow Sculpting Crayon & Setting Gel in Blonde Ambition £10 – The crayon part goes down so fast! I also personally find that the gel removes other product but I’ll let you know my further thoughts.
MUA Eyeshadow in Pearl £1 – This is a stunning dark brown eyeshadow with turquoise shimmer reflect in it. It is so insanely pigmented and I’ll try more colours!
Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Laquer in Charm Offensive £5 – I haven’t had a chance to properly try this yet but the colour is so pretty and it is very pigmented.
No7 BB Lips Beauty Balm SPF 15 in Ballerina £9 – This is officially my favorite lip gloss ever. The colour is beautiful and I’ll give a full review soon.
Nails Inc Multivitamin Nail Polish in Queensbury Way £14 – This colour immediately caught my eye ajd I just new I had to have it. It is so log wearing and I have it on right now.
Love Sarah x
For many people, myself included, it is unfortunatly almost time to go back to school. I find blog posts and videos about school bag essentials really helpful, especially when I was first starting highschool. I did carry about every single thing every single person mentioned though, which is deffinetly unessesary! Here are my school bag essentials and I hope you enjoy!
I don’t bring alot of makeup to school as I only need to touch up a few things throughout the day. I use a small Jack Wills Makeup Bag which is the perfect size. Inside I like to keep my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in ‘Fair’ just incase I need to conceal any blemishes. I also have to have my Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in ‘Peach Glow’ and my Real Techniques Multi Task Brush so I can reapply powder to my face. I also bring whatever lip product I’m wearing that day with me. For example, today I’m wearing NYX Butter Gloss in ‘Fortune Cookie.’
I always must have a hair bobble with me incase I want to tie my hair back. I just use Boots Blonde Ponybands which are just normal hair bobbles. I also always have Boots Kirby Grips with me as I always need these. I like to have my Body Shop Hand Mirror with me because I like to be able to look at myself. I make sure I have tissues with me because they always come in handy for many different reasons.
I never really go to school without Dove Invisible Dry Deoderant because after you’ve done P.E it is an essential. And there is always someone else who needs it. I always have my Chanel No5 Handbag Size Perfume with me because it’s always nice to smell nice. I like to have a hand cream with me because I cannot stand the feeling of dry hands. One of my favorites is the Cath Kidston Rose Handcream. Simmilarly, I hate having dry lips so I always have Vaseline Original or Carmex Lip Balm with me.
I always have Extra White Chewing Gum with me and I always like to have big tub. I also like to have Polo Mints Sugar Free. A bottle of water is essential for me as I drink so much water in a day and it is important to stay hydrated. I make sure I never leave the house without a snack as I’m always hungry. They vary day to day but my favorite at the moment is a Bounce Energy Ball Cacao Orange Protein Burst which is gluten free and high in protein and fibre.
I also have my pencil case which is not a pencil case, it’s actually a Ted Baker Pink Bow Makeup Bag. Inside I just have black pens, pencils, rubbers, etc. I also have my WHSmith Black Planner. I personally find that planners are really helpful for remembering to do homework.
Love Sarah x