This is going to be the third and final part of my 2016 beauty favorites. I’ve already covered the categories of makeup in part 1 and then skin care and body care in part 2. In this part I’ll be talking about my favorite hair care, nail products and fragrance. I’m going to talk about each of the products quite in depth so you can see if you’d like any of the products. I really hope you enjoy this and let me know what some of your favorite products have been.
- Bleach London Silver Shampoo & Conditioner, £5 each – I always use silver shampoos and conditioners which tone blonde, platinum and grey hair and take away brassy/golden tones. I use all different silver shampoos and conditioners, I like to mix them up a bit but if I had to only use one it would be this one. It is the strongest one I have found and it gives me brighter hair which is great as my hair is quite dull. It also helps me keep my perfect ashy blonde colour which I do naturally have but I like my hair to be as ashy as possible. The shampoo lathers really well which is really important for me and the conditioner is a great thick consistency. These last me for about five months and I wash my hair about twice a week.
- L’Oréal Elivive Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo & Conditioner, £3.50 each – This shampoo and conditioner are especially for oily roots and dry end which is exactly what I have so I thought I’d give this a try. I’m not sure exactly how it works but it contains three refined clays which must somehow do something to purify the roots and hydrated the ends. It says it keeps the scalp purified for 72 hours and usually these claims are false but I actually agree with it. I’d recommend anyone with oily roots and dry end to try this as it honestly works. A 400ml bottle would probably last me about nine months but I share it with my Mum so we go through it a bit quicker.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo Original – Clean & Classic, £4.99 – Dry shampoo has been a huge part of my hair routine for years, like about seven years, and I honestly could not live without it. There are obviously so many different formulations and scents of this specific dry shampoo but I find that the original one works best for me. I find that it is a lot more powdery so it absorbs any oil and it volumises my hair so much. So even if you just want something to volumise your hair, try this. It keeps my hair clean for so long, I can go up to a week without washing my hair. I love this so much.
- Boots Bendy Rollers, £5 – If you don’t know what bendy rollers are, google it so you have a clue what I’m talking about it. I love having wavy/curly hair so much but having to use a curling iron all the time is time consuming and it obviously damages your hair a lot overtime. I put four of these into my hair (you get eight in a pack) at night which takes a few minutes and sleep with them in which can be slightly uncomfortable but it doesn’t bother me too much. In the morning I take them out and my hair is nicer than it would be if I had used a curling iron. I have very soft hair so curls usually drop out but if I just use a bit of hairspray they last all day. These are amazing as it takes so much less time and they are completely heatless.
- Nails Inc Multivitamin Nail Polish in ‘Queensbury,’ £14.50 – I bought this nail polish as it is the most gorgeous colour. It’s a pale pink colour but it’s not too pink (if that makes any sense – it doesn’t, sorry!) and it’s just my perfect colour. Nails Inc nail polishes are the best quality for the price and they are probably one of my favorite nail brands ever. The nail polish just applies so well and so smoothly and even for this paler colour you only need two coats or three if you want it to be really opaque. Even if this isn’t the shade for you they have so many different shades which you might like. If you want to see my top 5 neutral nail varnishes click here.
- Nails Inc The Optic Collection in ‘Optic Wave,’ £14.50 – This was a limited edition colour which I don’t believe you can get anymore so I’m sorry but I love it so much so I just had to include it. They will also have many similar shades in their permanent line. Anyway, this is a mint green shade and mint green is one of my favorite colours. The formula is amazing as all Nails Inc formulas are and it is my go to shade especially in the Spring/Summer.
- Ciate Paint Pots in ‘Golden Sands,’ £12 – I love Ciate nail polishes so much and they are amazing quality and just apply so well. This colour is very natural and I would describe it as a pale/medium nude brown. It is one of those colours which is just perfect for any occasion as it is so neutral and it isn’t too much. It could also be worn in any season so when it’s inbetween seasons and I’m nt sure what colour to wear I’ll just wear this. It would also suit almost anyone, it’s perfect.
- Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in ‘Grapefruit,’ £3.99 – This is a bit of a price difference from the other two but for the price it is honestly amazing. I’d actually say that I like this formula of nail varnish as much as the others, maybe it’s slightly less long lasting but that’s not really an issue. As the name would suggest, it is a shiny formula which looks really nice on the nails. The colour is a bright pink that isn’t too blue toned which I love. It is the perfect Summer colour which I live in for the whole season. If you want to see my top 5 pink nail varnishes click here.
- Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint in ‘Blueberry,’ £3.99 – I think the fact that I’m mentioning another of these shows how much I really do love this formula of nail polish. This is one of my favorite nail varnish shades of all time. It is a medium blue colour and it is the prettiest shade ever especially for Spring/Summer as it is kind of a pastel colour but a but a bit darker. Whenever I wear this I get so many compliments and everyone asks me what it is. I just love this and it’s such a unique shade.
- Chanel No5 Eau De Toilette Purse Spray, £75.50 – My Gran very kindly got me this at the started of this year. No5 is a very grown up scent but it’s such a lovely scent and I think it could be worn by almost anyone of any age. It is also a purse spray so it comes with that and two extra refills (they are 20ml each) so it is perfect for travelling with and for just throwing in my handbag without worrying about it breaking. I just love this scent so much and I use it very sparingly as it is so expensive.
- Vera Wang Lovestruck Eau De Parfum, £50 – I got this last Christmas from my parents and I love this scent so much. It says it contains pink guava, mandarin, tuberose and lotus blossom but to me it’s surprisingly not as floral as that makes it sound. I really like this scent and I’d say it’s perfect for teenagers and young adults as it is quite grown up but still really girly. It’s something I’ll have to put on my birthday list as it’s almost finished.
Love Sarah x