Today I’m doing a really exciting blog post, I’m going to be doing the first part of my 2016 beauty favorites. I’ve put together a list of my favorite beauty products from the whole year and put them into categories of makeup, skincare, body care, hair care, nail care and fragrance. Today I’m going to be talking about the makeup side of things as it would be so long if I were to talk about everything in one. You have probably heard me talking about a lot of these products before and some of them even in last years favorites but I’ll be talking about each of them in a little bit more depth and explaining why they are my favorite products. I really hope you enjoy this and also let me know what some of your favorite products from this past year have been.
- Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation in ‘Light Porcelain,’ £8.99 – This has been my go to everyday foundation for almost a year now. It has a light to medium coverage which I think is the perfect amount for day to day wear and has a satin and radiant finish which looks quite natural. The colour is the perfect shade for me and I believe it comes in six other shades. I have combination/oily skin and this foundation works really well for me but I think it would work well for most skin types, expect maybe really dry skin types as it isn’t the most hydrating. The fact that it is under £10 is amazing and the quality for the price is great. I also love how the packaging is glass and I also love the shape too.
- Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in ‘Ivory,’ £5.49 – I have been using this concealer for a couple of years now and at first I wasn’t amazed by the product but over the past six months or so I have fallen in love the product (I did mention it in last years favorites but I’m not sure why as I didn’t love it then). It is fairly light in consistency and even though it is branded as a high coverage I don’t think it is, I think it is more of a medium coverage which I personally like. Just like the foundation it is radiant and natural so I use it under my eyes and I also love the fact that it isn’t too heavy. I think there are only four shades available which isn’t great but nevertheless I really like it a lot.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in ‘Peach Glow,’ £3.99 – I have used this powder for years, ever since I started wearing makeup and I love it. I have never found anything which compares to it, it is seriously amazing (even Kim Kardashian uses it). It has a matte finish hence the name and it keeps my oily skin fairly matte for a few hours. I mentioned this in last years favorites in the shade ‘Transparent’ which used to be the only shade I used but this year I started using the shade ‘Peach Glow’ when my usual shade was out of stock and I actually much prefer my powder having a little bit of colour. It comes in six shades including transparent which actually covers most skin tones.
- L’Oréal Glam Bronze Bronzing Powder in ‘Caribbean Sun,’ £10.29 – I bought this earlier in the year as I was in need of a new bronzer and I just really love it a lot. It has a little bit of shimmer through it which makes it look really pretty in the Summer particularly. I think there are nine shades in this range which is amazing especially considering the fact that it’s a drugstore brand. I use the third shade which is perfect for my neutral pale beige skin tone. I think the packaging looks nice but I’ve found that it’s actually quite flimsy (or maybe it’s just me being really clumsy) which is disappointing as L’Oréal usually have great packaging. Anyway, I do love this bronzer and think that it’s a good option to go for if you’re looking for a new bronzer.
- L’Oréal Brow Artist Genius Kit in ‘Light/Medium,’ £9.99 – I had wanted this for ages and then decided to pick it up while I was in France as it worked out a bit cheaper. I am so glad I got this product as it is honestly the best brow product I’ve ever used. It has a wax which I use to define the arch of my brows and it also has a powder which I use to fill them in. There are two shades and I used the lighter of the two which is an amazing match to my medium ashy blonde hair. The fact that both of the shades are cool toned is amazing as it’s rare to find cool toned brow products in the drugstore. I also love the neat and thin packaging of this and it’s also great that it has a little mirror.
- Urban Decay Original Eyeshadow Primer Potion, £16 – I never really understood the need in an eye primer but when I purchased the Naked 3 palette I got free samples. Ever since I’ve started using an eye primer I’ve never looked back and this is the one that stood out the most to me. It provides smoother application of eyeshadow, makes the eyeshadows pigmentation and bendability better and makes them last so much longer as well as preventing creasing. I find that when I use this my eyeshadow just looks so much better and if I didn’t have this on hand I’d rather just not do my eyeshadow. I love the packaging of this too and think that it is really worth the price.
- Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette, £38.50 – I got this palette in France (which was actually a stupid idea as it cost me a lot more) about eight months ago and I have loved it since the second I got it. It has 12 shades which are all really pigmented and 3 of which are matte. The colours range from pinks to cool toned browns and I think the palette really suits me but wouldn’t suit quite a lot of people (the other Naked palettes however would). The packaging is just amazing as it’s rose gold and is really sturdy so I don’t have to worry about it being damaged when I travel and it also has a big mirror. I would 100% recommend this palette but not only this, the other Naked palettes too.
- L’Oréal Super Liner Black Lacquer Waterproof, £6.49 – I have always loved L’Oréal eyeliners from their Super Liner range but I only discovered this one at the beginning of this year and I have to say it’s the best liquid eyeliner I have ever found. I find it makes doing eyeliner so much easier which is really good and the colour of this is so black which is great as sometimes black liquid eyeliners can dry quite grey. The fact that it’s waterproof is a huge bonus and it lasts all day without moving, smudging or transferring at all. I will continue to repurchase this eyeliner forever as it is honestly just the best.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Intense Black Mascara in ‘Extra Black,’ £7.99 – I have loved the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascaras since they first came out and I think they are the best mascaras out there. I have tried all of their formulations now and the intense black one is definitely my favorite as I love super black lashes. I think it is the wand that makes this mascara so good – it’s like no other I’ve found before. It is a plastic wand which I know not everyone likes but I would urge you to try this mascara if you’ve not already especially considering it’s such a good price. It’s my favorite mascara of all time.
- MAC Satin Lipstick in ‘Faux,’ £15.50 – I have so many lipsticks and I use them all so often but this has definitely been my most worn and most loved overall. I bought it on the way to Majorca (which saves a few pounds) about six months ago and at the time I didn’t get a lot of use out of it as it isn’t a very Summery colour but in the more recent months, I have lived in this. It is a medium pink/mauve nude colour which is a really feminine and grown up shade and I would kind of describe it as an Autumnal nude. It has a satin finish so it is very pigmented and long lasting but not drying at all and feels really comfortable on the lips.
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in ‘Abu Dhabi,’ £5.50 – I’ve always wanted to try one of these so when NYX came to the UK in the Summer I got a couple of these. I am so impressed with them, especially this shade. They are obviously matte liquid lipsticks but they feel so comfortable on the lips and are not drying in the slightest. They last all day and do not move off the lips even if you have eaten. This colour is a medium nude shade with a hint of brown in it which I really like a lot and I think it is such a universal shade which would suit anyone. Try these out if you haven’t already, you honestly won’t be disappointed.
Love Sarah x